Junior WordPress Developer
Job Title: Full-time, Junior WordPress Developer
Arcalea is an award-winning digital marketing agency with a history of big brand experience. Arcalea helps brands redefine digital strategy, increase brand inquiry, and drive new revenue. A Premier Google Partner, Arcalea blends information security with digital strategy to create winning campaigns through the entire search marketing umbrella: organic and paid.
Having won both 2017 Marcom Gold Award and AVA Gold and Platinum awards for Search and Paid advertising campaigns, we believe marketing should be measurable, data-driven, and effective. Arcalea specializes in strategic analysis and activating campaigns utilizing the entire umbrella of Search Marketing, Content Marketing, and Paid Advertising. We are digital scientist-marketers, focusing our national brand experience to evaluate market positioning and engineer the best consumer journeys to court, capture, and convert audiences. We work with brands to strategically evaluate processes, optimize platforms, and implement successful campaigns.
Audacious Goal: To Become the Most Respected Strategic Marketing Agency in the Industry
Our Purpose: To Cultivate the Greatest Talent and Culture, Anywhere
Our Passion: Positively Fuel Client Success
Our Niche: Strategic Digital for High Growth Businesses
Our Core Values:
- Have a Tremendous Positive Spirit
- Have a Deep Sense of Personal Responsibility
- Have a Passionate Curiosity to Learn
- Have a Personable, Service-Oriented Demeanor
- Have a Personal Sense of Humility
- Gain and Receive Unquestionable Trust
- Strive to Build a Lasting Brand
- Strive to Measure the Impact We Have on the World
- Strive to Create an Empowering Work Environment
- Are Additive to the “Whole”
Arcalea is looking for a lead WordPress developer to join our team of data-driven digital strategists. You will be solely responsible for all development/code aspects of client Web Development, from page updates and additions, to new website development initiatives. Graphic/Front-end Design skills are a plus but not needed. When needed, graphic designer resources will be provided. The majority of our work is on maintaining and adding features to existing website, not creating new websites.
Yearly compensation for this position is $30k – 40k, based on development portfolio and formal work experience.
Arcalea is looking for a novice to intermediate WordPress-focused Developer in Chicago, IL with outstanding technical skills, and who is looking to dramatically improve their communications, project management, and (coding) documentation skill sets.
This position will be full-time, 40 hours per week in downtown Chicago at Arcalea’s HQ. We operate Monday through Friday from 8:30a – 5:00p. The ideal candidate for this role is a digital native or a digitally-capable non-native. This means you are familiar with/know your way around WordPress, understand the basic concepts of information architecture, the buyer’s journey (inbound marketing), and analytics tracking.
- If you have: a tremendous positive spirit, deep sense of personal responsibility, a passion to learn more, personable and service-oriented attitude, and a personal sense of humility then you can be successful at Arcalea.
- Maintain a cordial and business-like relationship with the team at Arcalea.
- Time tracking and deep attention to detail when adhering to projects in the management software, MavenLink.
- Contributing to support of current client websites
- Provide estimates and develop new features in WordPress such as pages, plugins, custom functionality, CRM integrations, etc.
- Facilitate projects with the account manager, project manager, and any graphic design talent (when relevant)
- Granular and detail-oriented Q/A testing
- Establishing and guiding website information architecture
- Auditing and improving existing code & documentation
- Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings
- Contributing to Arcalea’s best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver
- Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting
Skills & Qualifications
- A College Degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of two to five years of digital marketing experience is required for the Junior WordPress Developer position, including intimate knowledge of WordPress, and basic understanding of HTML, CSS, etc.
- Punctual, excellent coding, debugging, and documentation skills, and highly detail-oriented
- Ability to execute with attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge and experience of creating, maintaining, and adding on to existing WordPress CMS websites using best practices & de facto standard plugins
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level:
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
- Creation of custom post types.
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform with WordPress coding standards.
- Creation of clean, logical, well documented and reusable code.
- Theme/template integration.
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) beneficial.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Solid understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working WordPress pages supported by Visual Composer or equivalent visual editor plugins
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git, a plus.
If the above seems a right fit for you, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line title as “FirstName_Your Favorite Code Text Editor.” We look forward to hearing from you!